Tuesday 17 September 2013

Spring? That's a little metal thing, right?

September....

When I think about September, I think footy finals. Longer days. A bit more sunlight. The weather warming up a tad from the frosty weather in July and August.

What I don't think about is summer temperatures and the risk of summer storms.

For the past week, we've been having temperatures up in the mid-30's.

That's our summer weather. Days of 35 and 36 degrees are normally reserved for Christmas Day onwards. 

Not September.

I feel like my little weather bubble has been shattered.

Today is the first day where we have the predicted risk of a storm.

I love a good storm, the rain that comes with it. But I hate the wind and lightning. Normally though, there's a little deflector in our town and the storm comes threateningly close, and then disappears.

But we need the rain. August was completely dry. There's so much shit getting around in our town that we need the rain to give us a good clean out. 

There's not much point to today's post. Just what I wanted to say if I actually got to have a conversation today with someone over the age of 18. 

But because it's Tuesday, I'm linking up with Essentially Jess for IBOT.

Hit me with your weather stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment