Hello faithful followers. Today I thought I would post a little about me. Just so you can get to know me a little.
I'm a twenty-something mum of one gorgeous little girl. DH and I have been married for almost 2 and a half years now and have been together for 7.
DD is about to turn one which both scares and excites me. Where did my teeny tiny baby go?
I am on maternity leave and I'm not going back until mid 2013. My choice. It means 8 months with only one income in the household and we are going to struggle. I won't lie about that. But it's far more important for me to be there for DD and get through her upcoming birthday first.
I love to read, which is where my blog name came from. For years I have been told, or even told myself, "Just one more chapter...." that one chapter has turned into six or seven or more on many occasions.
So, here are my top 5 reads (which can and probably will change a little) and in no particular order:
1. April Fools Day - Bryce Courtenay. First read when I was 16, I cried when reading about the Courtenay family's loss of their son, Damon, to AIDS which he contracted through a blood transfusion for haemophilia.
2. Anything by Nora Roberts - yes, I'm a romance tragic, but Nora has a story with hers, ranging from mystery to fantasy.
3. The Dark Jewels books - Anne Bishop. Thanks to a lovely colleague, I fell in love with Janelle and Daemon's story and have followed what was first the Dark Jewels Trilogy and has expanded into a whole range of books.
4. Little Women - Lousia M. Alcott. Need I say more? It's a classic!
5. A Man's Got to Have a Hobby - William McInnes. It's a laugh out loud account of him growing up in Redcliffe. I've never looked at bunting the same way ever again!
Now, here's my challenge for you, faithful readers.... Comment and tell me YOUR top 5 :) If they tickle my fancy (yes, I'm a very picky reader), I may trundle off to the local library to see if they have a copy and have a squiz!
Thanks again, lovely people!