Friday 23 November 2012

When did this happen?

I went to a concert recently. With my parents. I'm 27. They got me the ticket, and I was happy enough to go with them.

But when we got there, I suddenly asked myself for the first time that night (and certainly not the last), "When did this happen?"

When did I start sitting right up the back? Ok, there was a nice breeze, so I forgive myself

When did I sit so far away from the bar? Argh, why why why??


When did I start wishing I was in amongst 'it'? I would like to think next time, I will be the one who rips their shirt off to get a free singlet.

When did it become okay for a 56 year old man to be encouraged to thrust at any and all given opportunities and pretty much in the faces of 18 year old girls? Ew....

I suddenly realised that I am growing up. Maybe even growing old. 


Please don't get me wrong, I love my parents and it was wonderful to have a night where I wasn't just "mummy". But when the penny dropped, it felt more like a brick on my chest.

It made me think about all the good times I had at that venue with my girlfriends, prior to meeting my husband. And while we were still dating. Since we've been married, I can probably count the amount of times I've been out on one hand and not even have to use my thumbs.


So I'm a bit scared. I'm not going to go running amok around town, as much as I would like to prove to myself that I can still do it, because I know that if I have a big night, DD will NOT be forgiving the next day. I have read that babies know when their parents have hangovers, and I'm not about to test that theory!! But, when did I become such a fuddy duddy????

1 comment:

  1. You haven't become a fuddy duddy at all! I definitely can't back it up like I used to. It does get easier now that Dyllan is older. Movie days while I have a hangover are my best friend lol.

    ReplyDelete