One of my muse ideas decided to pop up.
The other day, I was reading this article and by the end I was rolling my eyes.
It seems we are told what to eat, when to eat and how to eat these days.
What happened to being responsible for your own actions?
I'm guilty of eating most of these items, on occasion and in moderation. Isn't that the key? Moderation?
It's like Cookie Monster - it's a sometimes food.
It got me thinking though. We all know there are foods that are bad for us. But what foods are bad for you as an individual? What foods do you avoid because you just cannot stand them?
MY top 5 foods to avoid are:
1. Cucumber. Not sure what it is about it, but it tastes absolutely horrible to me!
2. Bananas. This possibly stems from a really bad immune system as a kid so there were a few cases of antibiotics.
3. Custard. Ugh, the texture and flavour just doesn't do it for me.
4. Mangoes. Meh. Just don't like 'em.
5. Old school cheese sticks. You know, the fake cheese? It's bad enough in slices, let alone chunks. Bleh.
But seriously, do we have to be told constantly what to do? Are we not adults? Do we not have brains? Just because there is an obesity "epidemic" across the world, why must we all be made to feel like crap because we have healthy balanced diets and enjoy a variety of foods?
Today I'm linking up with Essentially Jess for IBOT