Thursday 20 December 2012

Food for the soul

I have to admit that I love eating out. I love it when someone else cooks and cleans up for me.

My Darling Husband (DH) has a rep who always used to take us out. Since bub though, we've only been invited 3 times and able to go once. Darling Daughter (DD) was sick twice.

It was great. We have sampled so many of the restaurants in our town, that I admit I am missing it. 

And now we are on a single income, it's even tougher. So, of course, I jumped at the chance to have lunch with the lovely Tegan, from Musings of the Misguided. Our first choice of venue was fully booked out. It was our own bad luck, as we hadn't booked a table. But luckily a new place has opened up in the last few months, so off we went.

I have to admit, I think in the hour or so we sat there, I must have talked her ear off. 

I left our little lunch feeling so calm, happy and refreshed. She had organised to go to lunch with me on the hardest week so far, and managed to keep my mind off the 'bad' stuff. 

If I could afford to do this all the time, I would. There's something about good food, great company and the fact you don't have to cook or wash up afterwards that is just so soothing for the soul. 

I've linked up with Tegan today for her reader's choice. Plus, look out for my second post today! It will be up soon, so only a short one now.

1 comment:

  1. Lunch with friends is definitely good for the soul. I had a lovely time too and you definitely didn't talk my ear off! Anytime you are wanting some adult company, let me know and I'll see how the budget is going :)

    ReplyDelete